Project Engineer / Scheduler
|Company||Jay Cashman, Inc.|
We are looking for a Project Engineer/Scheduler to join our team. The ideal candidate will have a background in Civil Engineering and or related field and basic knowledge of AutoCAD and Primavera P6 to assist in production of AutoCAD drawings and Primavera Schedules. The position requires a self-starter who is team oriented with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced diverse organization.
The Project Engineer will provide onsite engineering and technical support, quality control, construction management assistance, , and help maintain a safe working environment. This position will be based in Quincy and requires a willingness to travel.
- Create and maintain project baseline schedules and schedule basis documents complying with contract documents and for approval by project teams
- Monitor schedule deviations and variances and assist in developing corrective actions
- Verify that all completed work complies with applicable codes, drawing and specifications
- Maintain a good knowledge of the contract specifications, documents and scope of work analysis
- Manage multiple projects schedules simultaneously
- Produce and manage a resource/cost loaded schedule for the life cycle of a project
- Generate weekly updates for each project tracking actual performance against the actual work completed
- Collaborate with project manager, crews, engineers and superintendents
- Conduct field inspections, surveys, and the generate engineering reports
- Perform schedule impact analysis for change orders.
- QA/QC review of schedule submissions
- Assist estimating team in preparing estimates, take-offs and proposals documents
- Develop project schedules integrating vendors, contractors & operations activities into comprehensive plan.
- Bachelor's Degree – Civil Engineering or Construction Management or equivalent degree
- 5 years of related industry experience
- Experience in use of MS Project, CPM Primavera, and/or Construction Cost Scheduling
- Have demonstrated skill in identifying, analyzing and solving problems
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Ability to read and interpret project documents (plans, specifications, RFP, RFI, BOD, etc.)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to maintain a high degree of precision on detailed work
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and priorities simultaneously
Travel as required
Must be authorized to work in the United States