Site Safety Officer
|Company||Cashman Dredging & Marine Contracting Co., LLC|
Looking for a Site Safety and Health Manager to join our team. We are committed to exemplary safety practices and are steadfast in our commitment to the health and well-being of our employees, business partners, and communities in which we work. We are looking for a candidate who shares these values and commitment to safety.
This position will be responsible for administering the Occupational and Safety Health Program and enforcing compliance at the project site location. In this role, the Site Safety and Health Manager will ensure that all site work practices are in compliance with Company, regulatory, and contractual requirements. The successful candidate must have the ability and experience needed to champion continuous improvement efforts in safety performance and the communication skills critical to empowering field operations' employees at the project site locations.
- Assist in the development and implementation of site-specific safety plans for designated project locations.
- Interact with clients, consultants, and field operations staff.
- Conduct comprehensive on-site hazard and risk assessments, safety audits, accident investigations, and equipment inspections to mitigate risk
- Assist the Project Managers and Superintendents to interpret, evaluate, and provide technical guidance on project safety requirements, accident investigation, and implementing corrective action measures.
- Perform daily site safety walks, monitoring field operations' activity, to ensure that all employees are working safely and using Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) in accordance with applicable statutory rules and regulations, contractual requirements, and Company policies and procedures.
- Provide onsite worker training on safety laws and regulations, hazardous condition monitoring, and use of safety equipment at job site locations.
- Compile, analyze, and interpret statistical data related to occupational illnesses and accidents.
Skills & Experience
- 5 years' experience as a Safety and Occupational Health Professional
- Bachelor's degree in industrial safety and health, safety engineering, safety management or related field, preferred
- Construction Industry experience required; Civil and Marine Contracting preferred
- CHST, OSHA-500 certifications preferred
- Technical working knowledge of OSHA, USC 46, EPA, and DOT regulations
- Experience in employee safety training
- Exceptional communication and problem-solving skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Travel as required
- Must be authorized to work in the United States