Project Controls Engineer
We are looking for a Project Controls Engineer to join our organization in the marine construction and dredging division. Ideally, we are looking for candidates with marine construction, civil or environmental engineering, and/or dredging industry experience to provide project management and engineering technical support to ensure that work is performed in accordance with the highest environmental, health, safety and quality standards and completed on time and within budget. This is a large-scale, multi-year marine construction and dredging project located in New York. In addition to the experience mentioned above, the candidate will have basic knowledge of Microsoft Project and Primavera P6 to assist in the production of project drawings and schedules.
- Work with the project operations team to develop project plan and detailed project schedules
- Assist with the development of a project budget, cost estimate, and timeline
- Participate in project planning, scheduling reviews, compiling, and submitting pre-qualification documentation
- Assist in the preparation of project schedules, quantity tracking, and labor cost reports
- Provide logistical support, forecast and track the availability of the resources, production rates, scheduling equipment, and monitoring survey activities for each phase of the project
- Assist project team throughout the project life cycle including development and delivery of scope of services, project schedules, cost estimate and project plan from bid preparation through construction and project completion
- Assist with efforts to solve technical, scheduling and regulatory issues
- Ensure strict adherence to safety procedures and standards
- 5 years of marine construction, civil or environmental engineering or dredging project management experience, private and publicly-funded projects
- Bachelor’s degree (Engineering or Construction Management) or an equivalent work experience
- Proficient use of MS Office with proficiency (Word, Excel, Outlook, Project and PowerPoint)
- Willingness to travel, as needed
- Must be authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship
Cashman Dredging and Marine Contracting Co. LLC is an equal employment opportunity employer and provides employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals. All employment decisions are based solely on merit, qualifications, and abilities. The Company does not discriminate against employees or job applicants on the basis of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, religion, national origin, marital or family status, veteran status, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, creed, ancestry, citizenship, or any condition or characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.