LNG Facility Construction Manager
The LNG Facility Construction Manager is responsible for
developing (starting at FEED) and implementing of projects including but not
limited to new facilities, existing facility modifications, maintenance replacement
projects and Turnaround projects.
The LNG Facility Construction Manager will be responsible for
coordinating the design, fabrication and installation of a project while
maintaining the highest standards of safety and environmental integrity. Additionally,
the LNG Facility Construction Manager will coordinate interfaces between the
Owner and Project Executive.
Due to the anticipated variability in Project Spend, the LNG
Facility Construction Manager (in coordination with the Project Executive) will
need to monitor resource requirements for future activities and ensure the
company is taking appropriate steps to staff the Projects with employees,
subcontractors, and support EPC organizations accordingly.
Essential Duties / Functions:
· Develop Scope of Work Documentation with
appropriate levels of definition to progress activities with outside vendors.
· Identify and ensure completion of appropriate
deliverables required prior to handover.
· Coordinate development of cost and schedule
estimate for the LNG facility work scopes.
· Ensure that the Design Concepts developed
after handover from engineering are reviewed appropriately with Operations,
subcontractors and appropriate engineering personnel.
· Managing the work program and preparation of
project specific, annual and 5 year outlook budgets with supervisor and other
company representatives. Stewards cost tracking, real time problem solving,
managing change and communicating work status to the team and management.
· Monitor overall Project Organization workload
/ capacity and ensure appropriate prioritization of opportunities is aligned
with leadership objectives.
· Ensure that Engineering, Operations,
Maintenance, and quality personnel are involved in appropriate fabrication and
construction reviews (Design Reviews, HAZOPS, Factory Acceptance Tests,
Performance Tests, Pre-Startup Safety Reviews, etc.)
· Coordinate development of complex maintenance
activities that fall outside of the scope of normal program maintenance
implemented by Operations or Maintenance Functions. Oversee execution with
support from the Engineering Functions as required.
· Manage overall reporting of Projects (Cost,
Schedule, Key Issues, etc.) for all activities falling under the management of
the Engineering and Projects team (even if small scopes are implemented by
Operations or Maintenance).
· Manage overall staffing of Projects
organization to ensure that resources (employee, contractor, EPC, etc.) are in
place with appropriate training and familiarization with GP to execute work.
· Coordinate development of contracts with
support from Business Services to ensure that engineering and construction
contractors with appropriate qualifications and services are available to
support project execution.
· Serves as the Project Manager and works with
the Leadership team to ensure all milestones and objectives are met
· Interface with MOC and Document Control
organization to implement document interface process with Contractors and
ensure that all Project Deliverables are aligned with Internal MOC Standards.
· Assure compliance and safety of projects
during design, implementation and commissioning.
· Ensures staffing and de-staffing plans are
in-line with resourcing strategy of the project.
Minimum Education Requirements of the Position:
· Bachelor's degree in Chemical, Mechanical or
Civil Engineering or a Project Management Degree
Minimum Experience required of the position:
· Minimum of 10-15 years of related experience
in LNG engineering or operations
Minimum knowledge, skills and abilities required of the position:
· Project Management
· Project development, contracting, execution
and closeout / transfer to operations
· Planning and budgeting
· Turnaround planning and execution
· Demonstrated knowledge of mechanical and
piping in a plant environment during engineering, construction, commissioning
phases leading to operational readiness
· Demonstrated knowledge of process mechanical
functions of an LNG facility (ie, liquefaction, storage, vaporization, BOG
handling, truck/ship loading/unloading, etc.)
· Leadership and teamwork skills
· Analytical thinking and problem solving
· Adaptability to changing priorities and
effective / efficiency goal achievement
· Exceptional written, verbal and interpersonal
· Organized, planning skills, able to manage
multiple activities and programs in timely fashion and with a high degree of
accuracy, able to meet work deadlines
· Exceptional problem solving
· Exceptional computer skills, including
Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, Access, Project and PowerPoint,
· Normal office environment (50% to 60% of time)
· Travel to project sites for extended periods
during project planning and throughout the execution phases of work (40% to 50%
· Mostly office environment but as planning and
execution dictates there may be walking long distance, climbing ladders/stairs
through plant, etc.
Cashman Dredging and Marine Contracting Company LLC is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination against employee or job applicant based upon on race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, religion, national origin, marital or family status, military service, veteran status, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information or family medical history, religion, ancestry, citizenship, political affiliation, any condition or characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws, or non-merit based factors.