VP of Environmental Health Safety and Quality
We are looking for a safety and health executive to join our team. We are committed to exemplary safety practices and steadfast in our commitment to the health and wellbeing of our employees, business partners, and communities in which we work. We are looking for a like-minded leader who shares our values and will set the overall strategic direction of the Company's environmental safety and occupational health programs.
The Vice President of Environmental Health, Safety, and Quality will be responsible for the development of integrated safety and health strategies and implementation of EHSQ policies, procedures, and best practices throughout the organization. The successful candidate must have the leadership skills and experience needed to champion continuous improvement efforts in safety performance and the communication skills critical to empower employees at all levels of the organization.
This position will provide direction and operational guidance to build and foster a safety culture committed to safe work practices, health, and wellness, incident and accident prevention, regulatory compliance, and environmental management and sustainability.
- Oversee Site Safety Officers, providing training, direction, and support
- Provide data analysis and reports, regulatory interpretations and guidance on all safety and health policies and programs of critical importance to overall corporate objectives, operations, and profitability
- Partner with the Project Managers and Site Safety Managers to interpret, evaluate, and provide technical guidance on project safety requirements, accident investigation, and implementing corrective action measures
- Conduct comprehensive on-site hazard and risk assessments, safety audits, and equipment inspections to mitigate risk
- Develop and conduct onsite worker training on safety laws and regulations, hazardous condition monitoring, and use of safety equipment at job site locations
- Oversee and enforce compliance with OSHA, USC 46, EPA, and DOT regulations in accordance with statutory and contractual requirements
- Develop and provide regular metric reporting to measure effectiveness of compliance and training programs
- Administer and manage the Company’s substance abuse testing and occupational health programs in accordance with statutory guidelines and contractual requirements
- Compile, analyze, and interpret statistical data related to occupational illnesses and accidents
Skills & Experience
- 15+ years’ experience as a Safety and Environmental Professional with 8 years in a leadership or managerial role
- Bachelor's degree in industrial safety and health, safety engineering, safety management or related field
- Construction Industry experience required; Dredging, Civil, and Marine Contracting preferred
- CSP, OSHA 500 certifications preferred
- Technical working knowledge of OSHA, USC 46, EPA, and DOT regulations
- Advanced experience in employee safety training
- Exceptional communication and problem-solving skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office required
- Travel as required
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
Cashman is an equal employment opportunity employer and provides employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals. All employment decisions are based solely on merit, qualifications, and abilities. The Company does not discriminate against employees or job applicants on the basis of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, religion, national origin, marital or family status, veteran status, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, creed, ancestry, citizenship, or any condition or characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.