Vessel Construction Manager
The Vessel Construction Manager (VCM) will lead new design/ build and improvement projects from conception to completion with little or no supervision. This role will be responsible for large capital and maintenance projects utilizing Cashman engineering staff, outside engineering sources, regulatory bodies, fabricators, shipyards, and the purchasing department to the fullest extent to ensure the safe, functional and cost-effective designs are achieved for all assignments.
Manage any size project from conceptual design all of the way through final design and implementation including:
- Identify work scope of projects and determine if the project should be handled internally or sub-contracted to an outside engineering firm.
- Develop final and construction designs.
- Schedule a project based on current resources
- Manage outside engineering firms
- Review and approve drawings
- See projects through the ABS, USCG, and U.S. Army Corp. of Engineering approval process
- Write specifications
- Develop and maintain detailed budgets and schedules
- Negotiate price and schedule with shipyards, fabricators and vendors
- Oversee shipyard fabrications and installations when required
- Assist in settling shipyard or subcontractor invoices
- Work with Corporate Accounting for capital budgeting and reporting.
- Mentor and guide project engineers, staff engineers, designers, and draftsmen in all facets of vessel and mechanical design as well as project management.
- Report to Executive Management supplying regular status reports.
- Work with purchasing and equipment engineers in the procurement process to ensure technical and product quality.
- Maintain a high standard for equipment as set by Cashman Dredging, and regulatory bodies.
- Create designs with a commitment to the C-Safe safety program.
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering or Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering.
- 15 years of experience in engineering, 10 years in marine or dredging related industries.
- Must have a proven record of successful shipyard project management experience.
- Proficient in the use of 2-D and 3-D Autodesk Product Design Suite and Nastran In-CAD for Inventor, Microsoft Excel, and Word.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Project and PowerPoint.
- In-depth knowledge of USCG rules (CFR), US Army Corps of Engineers Safety Regulations (EM-385), and American Bureau of Shipping rules and requirements.
- Must have current authorization to be employed in the U.S. without employer sponsorship.
Cashman Dredging and Marine Contracting Co. LLC is an equal employment opportunity employer and provides employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals. All employment decisions are based solely on merit, qualifications, and abilities. The Company does not discriminate against employees or job applicants on the basis of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, religion, national origin, marital or family status, veteran status, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, creed, ancestry, citizenship, or any condition or characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.