The Cashman Family Foundation (CFF), the charitable subsidiary of Jay Cashman, Inc., a Quincy, MA-based heavy civil and marine contractor, is looking for a Project Manager to oversee our Haiti-based operations. We work with the Haitian governments and communities to identify and install critically needed bridge infrastructure. The Project Manager will be responsible for all aspects of in-country construction as well as interfacing between JCI management and CFF’s Haiti-based personnel.
We are looking for a Project Manager to work with the Cashman Family Foundation (CFF) on all aspects of the design, construction, and administrative oversight of bridge construction projects in Haiti.
The Cashman Family Foundation is the charitable subsidiary of the Cashman Family of Companies. CFF was formed in 2017 to utilize the resources and expertise at Cashman to serve communities in Haiti through the construction of critically needed bridge infrastructure. CFF works with Haitian communities and the central government to identify and execute bridge projects. In 2019, CFF completed its first project in Perches, Nord-Est, Haiti. Now, CFF is beginning construction on two bridges in St. Marc, Haiti, and is seeking a Project Manager to work with CFF’s on-the-ground staff to manage all aspects of construction.
Jay Cashman, Inc (JCI) is a family of construction companies based in Quincy, Massachusetts, specializing in heavy civil and marine construction, renewable energy, cryogenic liquid storage, heavy equipment rental, and more.
- Responsible for the full-time onsite management of subcontractors and personnel.
- Monitor the status and progress of the project and ensure that project deliverables are completed on time and within the project budget.
- Act as interface between JCI management and CFF personnel in Haiti.
- Estimate and budget projects
- Maintain Haiti accounts, make payments to personnel and subcontractors, and report to JCI accounting department
- Maintain effective communications with CFF team members, subcontractors, and government counterparts.
- Demonstrate leadership on identifying issues and resolving problems.
- Must have the ability to work under conditions that allow for changing priorities and be able to multi-task.
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil, Environmental, or related engineering degree from an accredited four-year college or university OR 3 – 5 years of experience in construction in a developing-world context.
- Professional proficiency or fluency in English and Haitian Creole AND/OR French. At a minimum, working knowledge of Haitian Kreyol is required.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills and proficiency in various computer software systems.
- Must be willing to live and work in Haiti.
- Developing world experience is essential, Haiti work experience is an advantage.
- Highly competitive candidates will have an established network in Haiti.
- Capable of independent decision-making, possess a high degree of individual initiative, and function with minimal supervision.
- Ability to operate in resource-constrained settings.
Cashman Dredging and Marine Contracting Company LLC is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination against employee or job applicant based upon on race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, religion, national origin, marital or family status, military service, veteran status, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information or family medical history, religion, ancestry, citizenship, political affiliation, any condition or characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws, or non-merit based factors.