Heavy Civil & Marine Construction Estimator
Prominent east coast heavy civil and marine contracting company is looking for a Marine & Heavy Civil Estimator to join our team. The candidate will be responsible for evaluating, estimating, execution of pre-award project requirements, compiling detailed cost estimates, commercial and technical clarifications and qualifications, developing detailed project schedules for various marine & heavy civil projects. The candidate must have experience estimating large scale heavy civil & marine projects, knowledge of contracting construction means and methods, critical path method scheduling, costs and engineering principles.
The Estimator will develop all aspects of a proposal or response to quotation ensuring that all components of an RFP/RFQ are satisfied and that nothing is omitted or overlooked. As the curator of all project and bid documents, the Estimator must ensure that all scoping, scheduling, and cost assumptions are documented upon award. This role requires basic knowledge of Primavera P6 to assist in production Construction Schedules.
To be successful in this role, the candidate must have the ability to identify and communicate the critical issues that may impact on cost sensitive areas and work within a Proposal / Project Capture team to assure that all commercial and technical concerns of the bid / proposal are addressed.
- Perform quantitative analysis of construction documents and project program requirements.
- Analyze project design, costs, and subcontractor input and provide comparisons, cost savings, value engineering options, critical path schedule and other recommendations
- Prepare conceptual cost models, budgets and feasibility models based on historic cost data and / or subcontractor input as appropriate.
- Manage subcontractor pricing, including information dissemination, develop detailed bidding scope sheets, review subcontractor’s proposals and coordination with the desired scope of work.
- Negotiate estimates, buy out of materials and equipment, and terms and conditions with the clients.
- Develop bid strategies and estimating best practices
- Collaborate on business development pursuits
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Science, Engineering, ore related field
- Minimum 3 to 5 years' experience in heavy civil, marine or similar construction estimating
- Proficient with Estimating Technologies (HCSS experience preferred – Timberline, Innovaya, BIM, Cost Database, Contractor Database, etc.)
- Working knowledge of P6 and MS Project
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Ability to read and interpret project documents (plans, specifications, RFP, RFI, BOD, etc.)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to maintain a high degree of precision on detailed work.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and priorities.
Cashman Dredging and Marine Contracting is an Equal Opportunity Employer