This very simple registration process will only take you a few minutes to complete online. The steps to the self-certification are as follows:
- Visit the SAM website: https://www.sam.gov/portal/
- Create a user account by clicking on "Create an Account", then on "Create Individual Account".
- Click "Next" to review the data that you have provided and then click "Submit".
- You will receive a registration confirmation email from SAM.gov with a link to confirm your account. Click the link provided to complete your account creation process.
- Return to SAM.gov, and enter your username and password and click "Login".
- From the "My SAM" page, click "Register/Update Entity" in the navigation panel and click "Register New Entity".
For additional instructions to "Register a New Entity", click on the link below and refer to page 49 of the user guide.
For additional information about the federal government's System for Award management, please visit https://www.sam.gov/sam/transcript/System_for_Award_Managementv4.0.pdf