Deepwater Port Dolphin Construction
|Client:||St. Christopher Air & Sea Ports Authority (SCASPA)|
|Project Date:||2013 - 2014|
Cashman was contracted by the St. Christopher Air & Sea Ports Authority (SCASPA) to support its long-term strategy to further develop and modernize the cargo port of Bird Rocks to accommodate larger cruise ships visiting the islands of St. Kitts and Nevis.
- Cashman was contracted to provide construction services including driving 17 piles into the seabed to gain compression strength and to provide a platform for cruise ships that were larger than the then-current berth at the cargo port, for breasting and mooring.
- The infrastructure was designed so the dolphin could still be used as a breasting dolphin once the Bird Rock pier was developed and expanded.
- Because the area was extremely busy, Cashman worked with SCASPA to advise mariners to stay 100 feet away from the construction areas.
- Cashman conducted the pile-driving into bedrock depths; welding and testing of piles; and cutting of steel.
- Work was completed in time for the spring 2014 cruise season.