Mystic Outfall Closure and Fuel Unloading
|Client:||Exelon Generation Company, LLC|
Mystic Generating Station is owned and operated by Exelon Power, a business unit of Exelon Generation. Mystic is a 1,998 megawatt (MW) fossil power plant located in Charlestown, Massachusetts. It is capable of burning both natural gas and petroleum, but mostly burns natural gas. The plant currently consists of eight separate generating units; Mystic 8 and 9 are six natural gas units which can produce 690.9 MW, Mystic 7 is a natural gas or petroleum unit which produces 577.6 MW, and Mystic Jet is small petroleum fueled unit which produces 8.6 MW in periods of high demand.
- General construction
- New barge berth structures (manifold platform, breasting and mooring dolphins, an access trestle, and catwalks)
- Outfall structure repairs (channel repairs including selective demolition and silt issues)
- Vertical and battered piling
- Concrete slabs
- Hours of operation were 6 days/week (7 am-5 pm)
- Vessels engaged in the daily operations included: 180-5 crane barge; SEI-14 crane barge; 120 x 60 deck barge; SEI-148 deck barge; 2003 hopper barge, and BOSCO Push Boat.