UGI Energy Services LNG Storage Tank
|Client:||UGI Energy Services|
- Preload Cryogenics, LLC completed the design and construction of a prestressed concrete secondary containment wall for a 7,500-cubic-meter (2.0 million gallons) LNG full-containment tank (25.9 meters in diameter by 25.3 meters tall).
- The design includes a raft foundation constructed on deep ground improvement elements.
- Precasting of the secondary wall panels was performed off-site concurrently with ground improvement installation and raft foundation construction.
- The wall panels were trucked to the site, erected and braced in-place.
- In addition, fabrication of the carbon steel dome and suspended (and insulated) ceiling were accomplished.