Wind Turbine Technician
Patriot Renewables, LLC is a developer, owner, and operator of commercial-scale wind and solar energy projects. Patriot currently operates projects in Maine, Massachusetts, and Illinois. The Patriot team is made up of skilled individuals with proven abilities in project development, renewable energy, and environmental stewardship.
Patriot Renewables is an affiliate Jay Cashman, Inc. an experienced, multidisciplinary East Coast construction firm that lends its expertise and resources to design, develop, and construct complex wind and solar projects.
Patriot Renewables is looking for Wind Turbine Site O&M Technicians in the Tiskilwa, Illinois area to operate and maintain four Suzlon S88 turbines. Wind Turbine O&M technicians responsibilities include full-service maintenance, service and repair of wind turbine generators and equipment. Technicians must be able to work independently with minimal supervision. Previous experience troubleshooting malfunctions, identifying root causes, and performing repairs of mechanical, hydraulic, and electrical failures is required for these positions.
- Perform daily maintenance and services of all equipment and assist with site operations, troubleshooting faults and malfunctions, and perform maintenance on support equipment.
- Repair and/or replace mechanical, hydraulic and/or electrical parts, equipment, and components to eliminate failures.
- Solicit and facilitate additional engineering support as needed to assist with diagnostic troubleshooting failures and faults. Maintain up to date and accurate records and reports detailing work performed in accordance with company procedures.
- Ensure a neat and tidy work space and keep all equipment clean and organized.
- Other duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Valid Wind Turbine Site O&M Technicians Certifications (OSHA 10, NFPA 70E, CPR/AED)
- High School Diploma or GED
- Valid Driver’s License
- Must be currently authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship
- Suzlon wind turbine experience highly preferred
- 2+ years of experience troubleshooting and/or performing maintenance on wind turbines
- Ability to read schematics
- Knowledge of electrical meters and methods of testing electrical equipment a must
- Commissioning experience preferred
- Ability and willingness to climb a wind turbine vertically at least 300 feet
- Ability and willingness to lift and move equipment as needed (more than 50 pounds)
- Ability to work in an indoor or outdoor environment in adverse weather conditions
- Ability and willingness to take initiative and work without direct supervision
Patriot Renewables, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination against employee or job applicant based upon on race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, religion, national origin, marital or family status, military service, veteran status, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information or family medical history, religion, ancestry, citizenship, political affiliation, any condition or characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws, or non-merit based factors.