Cashman Dredging and Marine Contracting Company, LLC (Cashman) is a leading provider of Dredging Services in the United States. Our Company performs capital and maintenance dredging, environmental remediation dredging, and beach nourishment work in the United States, the Caribbean, and South America.
We are currently seeking a Master Mechanic for the inspection, diagnosis, repair and maintenance of all construction equipment including mobile crawler, barge-mounted cranes, conveyors, pay loaders, excavators and other earth moving equipment.
Candidates must possess the knowledge to diagnose, adjust, repair, or overhaul mechanical, hydraulic, electrical, and pneumatic equipment on mobile construction cranes. Repair or replace virtually any part on mobile equipment and cranes. Apply electrical theory and related knowledge to troubleshoot and or modify operational electrical machinery and electrical control equipment and circuitry. Apply mechanical theory and related knowledge to test and modify operational machinery and equipment. Operate mechanical boom and cable equipment to troubleshoot and or repair machine problems and evaluate correctness and completeness of repairs that have been done on the machine.
Primary work location is in Ledyard, CT, however, travel to various laydown yards in Quincy, MA, Staten Island, NY and Green Cove Springs, FL may be required.
Desired Candidate must be willing to work a flexible, 40-hour per week schedule with occasional night and weekend work.
- Repair and perform routine maintenance to machinery and equipment
- General, electrical, hydraulic, mechanical troubleshooting on equipment
- Perform field maintenance and repair activities as required
- Observe mechanical devices such as pumps, motor systems equipment
- Read, understand and follow advanced hydraulic, pneumatic and electrical diagrams
- Responsible for coordinating and prioritizing job site repairs and maintenance
- Clean, lubricate and perform other routine maintenance work on equipment
- Read, understand and interpret operating and parts manuals, schematics and technical drawings
- Assess mechanical products and equipment after repair or modification to ensure proper performance and compliance with manufacturer’s specifications
- Understand routine maintenance and troubleshoot failures
- Make recommendations to repair and/or upgrade after failures
- Inspect, test and listen to defective equipment to diagnose malfunctions
- Examine parts for damage or excessive wear using various testing tools
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area and abide by all safety rules and regulations
Preferred Candidate will have:
- 4-5 years experience in crane and heavy equipment maintenance and repairs
- Experience with cranes, mobile crawler and barge-mounted
- Experience with operating earth moving equipment including Pay Loaders and Excavators
- Experience with Variable Frequency Drive (VFD)
- Experience with conveyers and all construction equipment
- Experience with maintenance and repair of CAT, Cummins and John Deere Equipment helpful
- Ability to use manufacturer’s software
- Strong problem-solving skills
- A high attention level to detail
- Ability to work on-site and travel to other field locations as needed
- Good physical condition and able to work in wide ranging temperature and weather settings
- Possess strong initiative
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Fluent use of the English language (read, speak, and write)
- Driver’s License
- Must be currently authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship
Salary Range: $90-115K and will be Commensurate with Experience
Cashman Dredging and Marine Contracting Company LLC is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination against employee or job applicant based upon on race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, religion, national origin, marital or family status, military service, veteran status, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information or family medical history, religion, ancestry, citizenship, political affiliation, any condition or characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws, or non-merit based factors.