|Company||Cashman Dredging & Marine Contracting Co., LLC|
Cashman Dredging and Marine Contracting Company, LLC (Cashman) is a leading provider of Dredging Services in the United States. Our Company performs capital and maintenance dredging, environmental remediation dredging, and beach nourishment work in the United States, the Caribbean, and South America.
We are currently seeking Field Engineers/ Surveyors for work in multiple marine disciplines. Field Engineers provide onsite engineering and technical support, quality control, construction management assistance, hydrographic / land survey. This individual will be responsible for document production, and daily quality control and quality assurance monitoring & reporting. Desired candidate must be willing to work demanding schedule and work flexible hours including nights and weekends as required to meet schedule. Extensive travel and / or relocation based upon project assignment may be required. Field Engineers are responsible for ensuring a safe work environment during all operations and tasks. and for marine surveying or related dredging and marine construction surveying work.
This is an entry level position; prior experience in the dredging field is preferred, but not required. Candidate must have high school diploma though maritime or engineering school graduate, co-op students also considered.
- Ensures a safe work environment during all operations and tasks
- Oversees the planning and progress of field operations
- Ensures that Dredge productivity is maximized
- Performs single beam and multi-beam surveys
- Monitors all aspects of the project execution
- B.S. in Civil Eng., Ocean Eng., Construction Management, or related dredging experience
- Marine construction and/or dredging experience preferred
- Ability to travel and work at field locations
- Good physical condition
- Excellent command of the English language (read, speak, and write)
- Ability to manage and self-motivate
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team
- Strong skills in MS-Excel, and Word are required
- Ability to quickly become proficient using marine survey equipment
- Results oriented
- Travel is extensive
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
Cashman is an Equal Opportunity Employer.