Wind Operations Plant Technician
Patriot Renewables, LLC, a member of the Cashman Family of Companies, develops, owns, and operates commercial-scale wind energy projects. Patriot Renewables currently oversees four operating wind farms and is looking for a Wind Operations Plant Technician. This position will provide support to the four wind farms located in Maine. Responsibilities of the position include:
- As part of a team, responsible for conducting balance of plant maintenance activities, including high-voltage electrical switchgear operations, tightening anchor bolts, and operating heavy machinery such as snowcats, forklifts, snowmobiles and ATV's across harsh mountainous terrain as required at the Beaver Ridge, Spruce Mountain, Saddleback Ridge, and Canton Mountain Wind Energy facilities.
- Responsible for routine and unplanned wind turbine maintenance at the 3-turbine site Beaver Ridge Wind in Freedom, Maine.
- Participate in troubleshooting, analyzing and diagnosing complicated mechanical, hydraulic, and electrical problems on the variable pitch, variable speed turbines and BOP equipment.
- Support all areas of site operations, as directed by management.
- Supervise and provide direction to contractors.
- Work with and respond to Remote Operations teams.
- Work in a range of industrial power industry environments, as required.*
- Provide on-call response, 24 hours 7 days a week, or rotational shift coverage, as may be required from time to time.**
- The position is based out of our Saddleback Ridge Wind office in Carthage, Maine, with periodic, on-site time at other projects as needed. *Additional Eligibility Qualifications*
- Basic electrical and mechanical skills.
- Wind turbine maintenance experience desired, preferably on GE 1.5 sle turbines.
- Reading and interpreting technical manuals, procedures and regulations.
- Able to handle repetitive lifting of weight up to 50lbs, as required.
- Ability to climb multiple towers per day at times up to 300-feet.
- Travel to facilities or offsite training programs, as required.
- Ability to work in all inclement weather conditions, as required.
- Ability to respond to rotation shift schedules or on call 24 hours, 7 days a week at times.
- Ability to work with a wide variety of personnel at all levels inside and outside of the wind energy facility.
- Legally authorized to work in the United States.
Job Type: Full-time
Patriot Renewables, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination against employee or job applicant based on race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, religion, national origin, marital or family status, veteran status, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, religion, ancestry, citizenship, or any condition or characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.