We are looking for a Payroll Specialist to join our team. Headquartered in Quincy, MA, the organization has 10 operating companies domestically and abroad. This position will be part of the Accounting team and will assist with payroll administration and management of the organization’s in-house weekly payroll operations for a multi-state, union and non-union workforce.
The ideal candidate will have knowledge of payroll processes and systems with proficiency for accuracy and attention to detail. To perform this job successfully, the candidate must be a self-starter with the ability to multi-task in a fast- paced, high energy, organization.
- Reconcile and input weekly timesheets payroll data for field and office employees, update employee pay and benefit rate changes and resolve any payroll discrepancies
- Liaise with Human Resources and Project Managers on new hires, job classifications and rates of pay, layoffs/terminations, and changes in union labor agreement wage and fringe benefit rates.
- Collect timesheet data and payroll information
- Process employee new hire, transfer, promotion, and termination information and process layoff check requests and other ad hoc off cycle payrolls
- File and remit payment of all federal and multi-state payroll tax reporting information (940, 941, W2s, UCs, etc.), levies, and garnishments
- Calculate and remit weekly payments of labor union benefit stamps and file monthly union reports
- Analyze 401(k) Plan Administrator weekly remittance report and process employee contributions, adjust contribution amounts, and initiate 401(k) loan payment schedule
- Analyze monthly employee benefit bills and verify employee/employer expenses are being deducted/accrued at proper rates
- Manage year-end payroll process, including recording taxable fringe benefits
- Reconcile and distribute employee W-2’s and file with associated state and federal agencies
- A high school diploma or GED;
- 2 to 4 years of payroll experience, Construction industry, preferred
- Working knowledge of basic accounting principles and payroll practices.
- Experience working with accounting and payroll software
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously, meet deadlines, and prioritize workload
- Effective analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
Salary is Commensurate with Experience
Cashman is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination against employee or job applicant based upon on race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, religion, national origin, marital or family status, military service, veteran status, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information or family medical history, religion, ancestry, citizenship, political affiliation, any condition or characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws, or non-merit based factors.