Purchasing Agent/Delivery Coordinator
We are looking for a Purchasing Agent/Delivery Coordinator to join our team. This position is based in Quincy, MA and will work with Project Management teams to solicit competitive quotes, negotiate pricing, purchase materials, tools, or supplies, procure services, and rent equipment to support project operations. This role will pick up and deliver parts and supplies and coordinate the delivery of materials and equipment to project locations.
As a conduit between project locations and our Quincy headquarters, the role requires strong communication skills, both written and oral, and proficiency in procurement software and Microsoft Office Suite. The ideal candidate must have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment, effectively managing multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Purchase of materials, tools, and supplies, adhering to the requirements specified including required delivery dates, description of items, quantity, and quality of items
- Prepare and issue purchase orders, identify appropriate vendors, review invoicing, assign project codes
- Solicit bids, perform price analysis, and negotiate pricing and terms of marine construction materials and rental equipment
- Evaluate vendors' qualifications and capabilities. Research and solicit quotes from small and diverse businesses
- Pickup and delivery of parts, tools, supplies, and equipment to project locations.
- Assist with shipping and receiving
- Assist with sourcing vendors, parts and consumables for large dredge fleet and heavy equipment
- Maintain parts and service procurement information, inventory, and tracking database
- Monitor, track, and report equipment and vessel use
- Coordinate routine service and repairs to equipment and vessels.
- Generate monthly procurement and equipment maintenance reports
- Verify receipt of items by comparing items received to items ordered; resolve discrepancies with suppliers (correct items, correct discounting, correct warehouse or ship-to address).
- Manage backorders by reviewing back order reports daily, either run the line linking to a stocking purchase order or drop ship the items.
Qualifications and Abilities:
- BA or BS in, Construction Management or related experience
- 1 to 3 years in the construction industry, marine preferred
- Procurement and sourcing experience a plus
- Ability to read & understand project and equipment specifications
- Strong computer skills with knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to work on multiple ongoing projects concurrently
- Strong attention to detail, a must
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
To apply online, please visit www.jaycashman.com/careers or you can email your resume to HR@jaycashman.com.
Cashman Dredging and Marine Contracting Co. LLC is an equal employment opportunity employer and provides employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals. All employment decisions are based solely on merit, qualifications, and abilities. The Company does not discriminate against employees or job applicants on the basis of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, religion, national origin, marital or family status, veteran status, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, creed, ancestry, citizenship, or any condition or characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.