IPC Lydon is a specialty mechanical service provider in the power generation, infrastructure, transportation, process and industrial sectors throughout the United States. Our combination of experienced management and strong technical service skills allows us to be a best-in-class partner to our clients.
We are currently seeking a Full-Time, Steel Estimator for our Avon, MA location to prepare accurate steel estimates.
Location and Schedule:
Desired Candidate must be willing to work a flexible, 40-hour per week schedule with occasional night and weekend work.
- Analyzing required documents, reviewing project plans and specifications to gain a thorough understanding of the project
- Preparing detailed cost estimates, including material, subcontracts and labor
- Developing relationships and managing bids from vendors and contractors
- Using bid data to prepare detailed cost analysis
- Presenting prepared estimates to management and other stakeholders
- Prepare proposals for customers with professional and timely presentations
- Develop and maintain customer relationships to enhance company’s ability to procure projects, reduce risk and ensure operational efficiency
Preferred Candidate will have:
- Highly organized, thorough and detail oriented with the ability to effectively manage multiple projects and tasks
- Strong report writing, verbal and written communication skills as well as problem-solving skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with personnel at all organizational levels
- Previous experience in estimating and structural steel / miscellaneous metals erection is preferred
- Software skills including MS Office, Excel Spreadsheets, on-screen takeoff programs
- Ability to work on-site and travel to other field locations as needed
- Possess strong initiative
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Fluent use of the English language (read, speak, and write)
- Driver’s License
- Must be currently authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship
Salary: Commensurate with Experience
IPC Lydon offers Competitive Compensation and Comprehensive Benefits
IPC Lydon is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination against employee or job applicant based upon on race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, religion, national origin, marital or family status, military service, veteran status, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information or family medical history, religion, ancestry, citizenship, political affiliation, any condition or characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws, or non-merit based factors.