Assistant Project Manager
Assistant Project Manager
IPC Lydon is a specialty mechanical service provider in the power generation, infrastructure, transportation, process and industrial sectors throughout the United States. Our combination of experienced management and strong technical service skills allows us to be a best-in-class partner to our clients.
We are currently seeking Full-Time, entry-level Assistant Project Managers for our Avon, MA location. In this role, you will manage daily project activities, perform construction site visits, and learn customer’s equipment, processes and procedures.
Location and Schedule:
Desired Candidate must be willing to work a flexible, 40-hour per week schedule with occasional night and weekend work.
- Assist Project Manager on multiple, concurrent projects
- Verify and understand all project documents, specifications, contracts
- Assist with subcontractor bid solicitation, review, negotiation, award, and management
- Estimating preparation including material pricing, construction equipment and facilities and supplier and subcontractor selection
- Coordinate with Project Manager to ensure projects meet established specifications, timelines and budget
- Proposal development and project execution
- Ability to develop and manage client relationships and provide regular client reporting and updates to ensure customer and business goals are achieved
- Maintain project budgets, change orders and schedules
- Provide research to identify and mitigate project risks
- Project report preparation as required by Project Manager or project customers
Preferred Candidate will have:
- Ability to effectively negotiate with suppliers
- Superb customer service and problem-solving skills
- Highly organized, thorough and detail oriented with the ability to effectively assist Project Manager with multiple projects and tasks
- Strong report writing, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with personnel at all organizational levels
- Software skills including MS Office, Excel Spreadsheets, Viewpoint/Vista
- Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management, Engineering, Business or a similar field
- Ability to work on-site and travel to other field locations as needed
- Possess strong initiative
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Fluent use of the English language (read, speak, and write)
- Driver’s License
- Must be currently authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship
Salary: Commensurate with Experience
IPC Lydon offers Competitive Compensation and Comprehensive Benefits
IPC Lydon is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination against employee or job applicant based upon on race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, religion, national origin, marital or family status, military service, veteran status, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information or family medical history, religion, ancestry, citizenship, political affiliation, any condition or characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws, or non-merit based factors.