Cashman Dredging and Marine Contracting Company, LLC (Cashman) is a leading provider of Dredging Services in the United States. Our Company performs capital and maintenance dredging, environmental remediation dredging, and beach nourishment work in the United States, the Caribbean, and South America.
We are currently seeking applicants for our Field Engineer/Hydrographic Surveyor position to work in multiple marine disciplines in Brooklyn, NY. Field engineers provide onsite technical support, hydrographic and land surveys, project quality control, as well as field management assistance. Individual will be responsible for data collection in the field using survey vessels, quality control, quality assurance, and document production. Desired candidate must be willing to work a demanding flexible schedule, and work flexible hours including nights and weekends as required to meet project schedule. Field Engineers are responsible for ensuring a safe work environment during all operations and tasks for all related dredging and marine construction work.
This is an entry-level position; prior experience in dredging or surveying preferred, but not required. Candidate must have a Bachelor’s degree from a college/university/maritime college.
- Ensure a safe working environment at all times
- Collect, process, and analyze hydrographic multi-beam and single-beam surveys in a survey vessel
- Calibrate and troubleshoot hydrographic and dredging equipment including sonar, GPS, inclinometers, and computer systems
- Provide analysis and reports to maximize dredge productivity
- Complete daily assignments in an efficient manner
- Operate small vessels less than 24 feet
- Assist the Project Engineer in any/all technical and logistical aspects of the project
Preferred Candidate will have:
- Prior experience in dredging, marine construction, hydrographic surveying
- Bachelor’s of Science in Civil Engineering, Ocean Engineering, Construction Management, or similar discipline
- Mastery with Microsoft Office, specifically Microsoft Excel
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to adapt to challenging situations
- Experience operating small boats
- Experience reading construction plans and schematics
- Experience using CAD to make drawings, plans, or schematics
- A high attention level to detail
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Marine Science, or related field
- Ability to travel and work on-site at field locations
- Able to safely work on the water in small boats and vessels
- Good physical condition and able to work in wide ranging temperature and weather settings
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, specifically Microsoft Excel
- Ability to learn new computer programs independently from others
- Possess strong initiative
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Fluent use of the English language (read, speak, and write)
- Driver’s License
- Must be currently authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship.
Cashman Dredging and Marine Contracting Company LLC is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination against employee or job applicant based upon on race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, religion, national origin, marital or family status, military service, veteran status, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information or family medical history, religion, ancestry, citizenship, political affiliation, any condition or characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws, or non-merit based factors.