We are looking for a Risk Manager to manage the day-to-day activities of the organization’s risk management and insurance programs. Reporting to the Senior Counsel/Corporate Risk Manager, this person will be responsible for the procurement, analysis and management of all aspects of the insurance, surety, and claims programs for the entire Cashman organization, operating domestically and abroad. The ideal candidate for this role will be a self-starter with the ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic organization.
- Manages corporate insurance programs, interfacing with insurance advisors & brokers.
- Reviews insurance policies, endorsements, exclusions for accuracy.
- Manages the insurance procurement processes for the organization. Collects, categorizes and aggregates data from multiple sources and coordinates with insurance brokers and various internal departments to analyze the insurance needs of the organization.
- Conducts evaluation of alternative risk financing programs and adequacy of insurance limits and coverage.
- Develops claim management strategies, monitors the organization’s loss profile and Experience Modification Rating. Ensures complete incident and claim records are maintained.
- Ensures subcontractors have sufficient insurance coverage for specific projects.
- Review/comment insurance for future projects.
- Maintains equipment, automobile, vessel, and property schedules. Monitors charters and rental agreements, on/off hire surveys and certificates of insurance.
- Collaborates with the Vice President of Environmental, Health Safety and Quality on the investigation of occupational injuries and incidents.
- Manages the national surety program administration including surety bond requests and tracking.
- Identify economic and financial trends that may present a risk to the organization’s insurance program.
- Monitor market trends and internal and external data points that may affect the risk profile of a potential project or scope of work.
- Collect and manage current and historical exposure information and prepare annual underwriting submissions for all insurance programs.
- Manage the insurance certification process, renewals, claims, and analyze and present data to Senior Management.
- Manage all vehicles and vessel registrations.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in risk management and/insurance consulting role
- Knowledge of property casualty insurance in the construction industry, preferred
- Proficiency in prioritizing tasks and meeting deadlines
- Quantitative and analytical skills with a demonstrated ability to understand new analytical concepts.
- Strong analytical, organizational, interpersonal, verbal & written communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
Cashman Dredging and Marine Contracting Company LLC is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination against employee or job applicant based upon on race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, religion, national origin, marital or family status, military service, veteran status, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information or family medical history, religion, ancestry, citizenship, political affiliation, any condition or characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws, or non-merit based factors.