Cashman is a multidisciplined company with a diverse portfolio of affiliated companies that include, dredging, civil, renewables, environmental, energy, mechanical engineering, prestressed concrete tank design/ build, barge, and equipment leasing, and real estate project development. We offer competitive compensation and employee benefit plans and have a bonus program that is second to none where bonuses are offered 2 times per year. Project operations teams usually work on a rotational schedule. Airfare transportation for your time-off (to and from your home base) is company provided.
- Project Superintendent is responsible for managing the day to day activities on a job site and ensuring scheduled completion end date is met.
- Assign and oversee daily work assignments for crew providing overall guidance and direction to ensure performance is in compliance with all contract plans, specifications, and schedules and
- Supervises crew activities and work assignments and production schedules
- Provide on-site, daily management and direct supervision and of construction field crews, subcontractors, vendors, and suppliers
- Conduct daily quality control and safety inspections
- Manage and evaluates production surveys, and quantity computations and measures against projections.
- Maintains daily paperwork including field reports, production surveys, and daily inspections and crew time.
- Manage and forecast steps to identify issues that could lead to potential problems and create solutions.
- Coordinate and plan production/repair schedules of the Dredge with Equipment Manager.
- responsible for ensuring the safety of employees, conduct safety meetings and briefings, identify potential hazards, and report accidents or near misses to management.
- Ensure all operations are in compliance with all contractual and regulatory requirements
- Assist with project mobilization efforts including method and means, manpower levels, material quantities, work schedules and ensures all necessary reporting requirements are met.
- Liaise with project management operations team about employee and/or project issues to ensure work complies with contract specifications, drawings, and work schedule.
- ensure all safety policies and procedures are followed to prevent any and all unsafe conditions and report accidents or near misses to management.
- conduct safety meetings, briefings, and Job Safety Hazard analysis to identify potential hazards.
- Conducts pre-construction planning sessions and meetings with project site team members.
- Manages and submits weekly payrolls and requisitions for parts and materials.
- Ensures that all on-site personnel complies with safety program.
- Documents all violations, notifies management, and takes corrective actions as needed.
- 5+ years of dredging or marine construction experience, pipeline, cutter, and/or hopper dredging experience preferred.
- 3+ years in a supervisory role
- Proficient use of a PC and Microsoft Suite
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient knowledge of dredging and marine equipment
- Valid Driver’s License, in good standing
- Ability to pass a pre-employment physical and drug and alcohol screening. This is a safety-sensitive position and subject to random selection drug and alcohol testing.
Cashman Dredging and Marine Contracting Company LLC is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination against employee or job applicant based upon on race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, religion, national origin, marital or family status, military service, veteran status, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information or family medical history, religion, ancestry, citizenship, political affiliation, any condition or characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws, or non-merit based factors.