ENAGAS Regasification Terminal LNG Storage Tank
- Preload worked with contractor Auxini in a joint venture to successfully meet this challenge. The group proposed a unique double-wall storage facility that incorporated several innovative features.
- These included:
- a tank design with both primary and secondary walls made of prestressed concrete,
- an insulation deck suspended from the roof to form the ceiling of the inner tank,
- and a 24” diameter gas withdrawal line uniquely designed for the purpose of reducing boil-off.
- The tanks were also specified to withstand cold shock that can occur from LNG coming in contact with the tank’s outer surfaces, and thermal radiation flux caused by a fire lasting up to 5 hours.