Florida Power & Cable Crossing
Florida Power & Light is the third-largest electric utility in the United States, as it serves an estimated 10 million people across almost half of Florida.
CASHMAN, along with UTEC as a joint venture, was contracted for the installation of electrical cable and piping across Miami Harbor.
- Installation of 17,550 linear feet of 138 KV electric cable into a subaqueous crossing in a fully welded 10-inch pipe.
- Installation of three ± 5,000-foot strings of pipe in a directional-drilled hole.
- Scope included:
- Installation of two cofferdams
- Welding the pipe strings
- Pulling the electrical cable
- Splicing the electrical cable