King Khalid Training Center Water Storage Tank
Preload Middle East was awarded a design and construction project at the King Khalid Air Base in Saudi Arabia for Yuksel Insaat, A.S. a Turkish general contractor who worked directly for Gilbane Federal (a subsidiary of Gilbane Building Company).
- Preload Middle East’s scope included: the design of a single, buried, 1.3 million gallon water reservoir with three internal compartments;
- the supply of specialty tank materials and prestressing equipment to the project site;
- the supervision of all tank-related construction activities; and
- circumferential prestressing of the outer walls of the new concrete reservoir.
- Design began in 2015, with onsite tank construction commencing in August 2015. Work was completed in 2016.
- For Preload, this project represented a milestone, marking a return to the international marketplace after over 40 years of focusing exclusively on domestic projects. It was also a re-introduction into the emerging TES market, which has now become a widely sought after means for cutting energy costs for big commercial and industrial facilities.