King Khalid Training Center Water Storage Tank
Preload Middle East, Ltd. was awarded the design and construction of a 1.3 million gallon, multi-containment water storage tank on the King Khalid Air Base in Khamis Mushait, Saudi Arabia. The work was performed under a subcontract to Yuksel Insaat, A.S., a Turkish general contractor, working directly for Gilbane Federal, Inc. (a subsidiary of Gilbane Building Company).
- Preload Middle East’s scope included:
- the design of a single, buried, 1.3 million gallon water reservoir with three (3) internal compartments;
- the supply of specialty tank materials and prestressing equipment to the project site;
- the supervision of all tank-related construction activities; and
- circumferential prestressing of the outer walls of the new concrete reservoir.
- Design began in the spring of 2015, with onsite tank construction commencing in August 2015. Work was completed in early 2016.
- For Preload, this project represented its first project in the kingdom of Saudi Arabia.